Wednesday 7 May 2014

Question 4

using technology in the planning stage

Technology in the planning stage was important because it allowed me to research and effectively plan the production of my music video.

When researching the style of music video I wanted I used various websites to create a better understanding of the genre and its audience. The websites used included Sonymusic.co.uk, sonymusic.se and fueledbyramen.com. These websites allowed to understand the different stars that fall under the genre and helped me to find out what genre my original artist came under.

The preproduction required me to create an animatic which meant producing a hand drawn storyboard which I completed on Paper an iPad app for iPad and then produced the animatic using FinalCutProX for Mac OSX to produce the final animatic. The development of the Animatic was greatlty sped up by the use of the iPad because it allowed me to work on the images faster and create small changes to the image at later dates.

When producing the music video I filmed on The Fuji film HS20EXR which allowed me to film during my own freetime and because of the versatility of the of camera I could achieve some unpractical shots such as when I had to film off the edge of the block over the river.  The problem with the camera was auto focus locking because the camera wanted to readjust all of the time some of the shots were ruined and had to be re shot. The Camera did however allow me to readjust the focusing on the image including rapid refocusing on the image, this effect was also readjusted later on when editing in post production.


To edit I used My MacBook Air and FinalCutProX, this program allowed me to edit my music video using tools similar to professional grade level. The program in particular using the advanced trim tool allowed me to precisely choose which parts of the clips I wanted to apply to the final music video. the edit suite also allowed me to apply a type of bug eye filter to my work to create the same shot repeatedly over the same area, this effect was rectangular lenses.

The production of my CD/DVD digipack was done in Photoshop CS6 for Mac  the image was created using firework brushes which were adjusted to properly fit the scale, I adjusted the pressure placed upon the brushes as well as the fade distance to ensure that the images would appear distant and faded as to fit into the image and be a background image rather than a main one. The main image was apart of the artist only shown in red and 5% transparency this means that the artist is on the image but to achieve the theme I was going for is faded into the distance and blends in well with the constellation ideas that I had set out to create.  The Font source was Dafont although all fonts on the cover were adjusted to fit the style that I was aiming for including colour overlays and readjusting the edging of the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment